Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Back to Basics: Clothing

So this economy is really throwing a wrench into my shopping habits. My kids wear uniforms to school, so I generally don't have to spend a lot of money on clothing...they only need so much. But I am guilty of going a little overboard during the summer. I shop all the clothing parties and manage to spend more than I intend. But of course I am always happy with what I end up with.

This year is a little different. I simply can not spend that kind of money. The problem is, I still desire to have unique, cute outfits for my children, especially for Janie who will be two this summer. So I have really been searching for clothing that is really really cute but is also really really reasonable.

And I found it! A friend told me about his website which you may have heard of. It is http://www.etsy.com/ and they have fabulous vendors. Some are more reasonable than others, but all offer really unique things from adorable aprons, to hand-made kids hats to clothing. I happen to find a vendor that sells clothing...and I like simple styles, like A-line dresses for girls and John-Johns for boys...but I'm really picky when it comes to the fabric. So I contacted this etsy seller named Davina ("toddler tailoring" is her brand) and she is going to sew a few outfits for me. And the best part is she is charging approximately $15 an outfit...I am supplying the fabric. But I was able to find fabric for around$5 a yard that I love! That is $20 for a custom outfit. I'm sorry, but you simply can't beat that.

All you have to do is a little bit of investigating and I'm tellin' ya, these deals are out there. Just like you and I are looking to save a buck or two, other people are trying to make the same ammount. Feel free to contact Davina yourself on her Etsy sight or email her at www.toddlertailoring.com . Happy shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment