Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Break

We are staying home for Spring Break. Yes, that's right. I have absolutely no interest in a tan or a margarita. I'm certainly not interested in listening to the crashing waves or hiding my tows in the sand. Well, that is not entirely true. The real truth is that we've NEVER been on spring break with the kids and apparently this wasn't the year to break tradition. But that doesn't mean we aren't going to have any fun.
I am going to do some fun things this week with the kids and most of them do not involve money. Although we are not going anywhere, I'm going to change my usual "chop chop" attitude. Here are a few things that I hope my kids will enjoy.

Chilli Cheese Fritos with dinner (did that one tonight...it was a real hit!)
The words "hurry up" have been deleted from my vocabulary for exactly one week.
Dessert after lunch.
Friends over to play and/or spend the night.
Outings to free/cheap places with picnic lunches.
Checking on all the dogs in our neighborhood to see if they want company.
Cinnamon rolls for breakfast.
Lemonade stand (I've been trying to talk myself into this one. Now that it's published it's official).
Playing outside after dinner.
Less bathing (I know it's gross, but my kids love to skip a bath now and then. They'll think they're getting away with murder).
Television after 6pm. They just realized a few weeks ago that there actually IS programming on in the evenings. They've been dying to watch.

It's not a change in scenery, but it is a change in routine which is so needed after this long winter. I know they'll get a kick out of each of these little things that I've come up with.
And we're bound to have some good memories from our "staycation" if mom can manage to deviate from the usual routine.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words in your comment. I am going to quit. Quitting is an evolution, of mind and body. Different for everyone, and that's my path. Please just understand that what you read on my blog - is not all forsaken and worthless, it's been my growth that I get to keep and build upon. I am going to read your blog now! Nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete